St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception church in Trestno

Trestno , ul. Nadodrzańska
The first church in Trestno was built in 1539. It was a Lutheran cemetery chapel. The last pastor was Andreas Mauersberger, who was expelled in 1653. During the Thirty Years War, the church was destroyed and rebuilt in the 2nd half of the 17th century. In 1654 it was granted to the Catholics as a branch church of the St. Maurice parish in Wrocław. In subsequent years, it fell into disrepair. In 1880 it was demolished. In 1934, a Neo-Romanesque church designed by Erich Grau was built of stone, with a single nave and oriented. From the western side, a tower is sited, a semicircular apse on the east, and a vestry on the south. The interior furnishings, the 17th c. pulpit, crucifix and epitaphs, come from the old church. In the front you will see a restored sundial from 1771.

Nearby places

Old shrine and cemetery in Trestno

ul. Nadodrzańska
Trestno

Industrial architecture of the Czechnica power plant

ul. Fabryczna
Siechnice

Church of St. Mary of the Rosary in Radwanice

ul. Kościelna 8
Radwanice

Nearby trips