Church of the Exaltation of the Cross in Sośnica

Sośnica
The Romanesque church was built in the late 13th century. The chancel survived from that period, and the nave was rebuilt in 1487 in Gothic style. At the beginning of the 16th c., the tower was added and in subsequent years, the church was expanded with the chapel of the Baptism with a grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes and a vestibule. In 1776, on the north side, the Holy Stairs were built, founded by Countess Josepha von Burg und Wurtz and modeled on the steps of Rome's Lateran basilica. In each of the 28 marble steps, there is an ampoule with the relics of a saint Martyr of Rome. The interior is rich, mostly Baroque. The main altar was founded by Nicholas von Latour and Franz von Eichholz in 1700. Inside, a number of tombstones and epitaphs of the 2nd half of the 16th and 17th century are found, along with a baptismal font from 1580.

Nearby places

Former castle and brewery

ul. Zwycięstwa 23
Kąty Wrocławskie

Regional History Chamber

Rynek 2
Kąty Wrocławskie

Market square, urban planning

Rynek
Kąty Wrocławskie

Nearby trips