The chapel was built in ca. 1350. Destroyed in 1945, it was rebuilt in the late 1970s and 1980s. The hospital itself worked in Strzelin already before 1346. The chapel, which was established to assist the sick and homeless was erected on the initiative of the municipal authorities. This caused a conflict with the local Poor Clares, who at that time had a monopoly over healthcare and spiritual life in the town. Today, the building houses the Strzelin Cultural Centre.