The church of St. Lawrence in Śmiałowice first appeared in the pages of history in 1318. It is an early Gothic structure, probably built in the late 13th century, and expanded at the beginning of the 16th and 18th century. At that time, the nave was extended so that the church has an asymmetrical shape. On the outside walls, we find epitaphs and plaques from the years 1452-1600, and at the right buttress the gate of the church we find a penitential cross from 1413, engraved with the murder weapon - a spear. Inside, note the Gothic sculpture of Our Lady from the 15th century, Baroque altars, baptismal font and pulpit - all created in the 17th century. The pole standing at the gate of the church is probably a fragment of the 1484 pillory.