The Monk is a stone sculpture made of local granite, 270 cm tall, with a shape resembling a bowling skittle or a high vessel. On the basis and the head, signs of a diagonal cross are engraved. Originally, in the pre-Christian period, it was probably a sacred statue. It survived until today partially dug into the ground in the village of Garncarsko, 1/3 of the distance between Świdnica and Wrocław, probably serving as a mile pole. After 1950, the artifact was transferred to Sobótka.
6:30 41.5 km
Ancient History Trail
5:00 37.7 km
The landscapes of Mietkowski lake and Ślęża Massif