The oldest part of the castle Górka is the 12th century chapel, founded the the Augustinian fathers brought here from France by Prince Peter Włast. In 1524-1553, the chapel was extended with a residential part, which was further enlarged in 1585. The abbey was destroyed and looted during the Thirty Years War of 1618-1648. After secularization in 1810, the buildings, besides the church, were sold, and the private owner designated them for housing purposes. The next owner, Eugene von Kulmitz, after the acquisition of residential and commercial buildings, rebuilt them as a Neo-Renaissance castle. The works, designed by Wilhelm Rhenius, were performed in the years 1886 to 1891. The property still preserved Gothic and Renaissance forms. The former, the 15th-century church is located in the eastern part of the building, the tower from 1524-1553 in the middle, and the medieval chapel is inside the complex. Currently, it houses a hotel and a restaurant.
5:00 37.7 km
The landscapes of Mietkowski lake and Ślęża Massif
6:30 41.5 km
Ancient History Trail