Places

expand collapse Search criteria


Vantage point on Mt. Wieżyca

Sobótka

The vantage point on the top of Wieżyca (415 m) was built between 1905 and 1907. It is one of the 240 'Bismarck towers'. It is a massive structure with a height of 15 m, composed of fine-grained...

Treasures of the Kobierzyce region

Al. Pałacowa 1, Kobierzyce

The Municipal Office located in the palace in Kobierzyce hosts an exhibition showing the finds discovered during the construction of a bypass motorway near Domasław. More than 100 cremation burials...

Train station Mościsko

ul. Kolejowa 29, Mościsko

The station was built in 1855 and was initially called Faubreck. The station was made of red brick in a style that is typical for this sort of building. Just after the war the station was given a...

Town hall

Rynek 1, Kąty Wrocławskie

The current town hall building was erected in the years 1876-1879. This Neo-Romanesque town hall built in a rectangular shape has an inner courtyard with a well. From the east, a 36 m Renaissance...

Topacz castle

ul. Główna 12, Ślęza
+48 71 7719999

"Topacz" castle's history dates back to the 14th century, when it was built by the Templar Knights as a defensive and residential tower. Today it houses a four-star hotel and a conference center with...

The St. John Hospital Chapel in Strzelin

Strzelin

The chapel was built in ca. 1350. Destroyed in 1945, it was rebuilt in the late 1970s and 1980s. The hospital itself worked in Strzelin already before 1346. The chapel, which was established to...

The sculpture of an archer

Strzelin

The sculpture of the archer ready to shoot refers to the name of the city, or perhaps it commemorates the heroic archers defending the city against attacks in the Middle Ages. The monument was...

The Church of Sts. Peter and Paul in Dobrocin

ul. Tadeusza Kościuszki, Dobrocin

This small Gothic church with a clearly protruding chancel was built in the 14th century and reconstructed in 1515.  During the Reformation, the church was taken over by Lutherans, but by 1654...

The Church of St. John the Baptist in Mościsko

ul. Pocztowa 4, Mościsko

The church was mentioned already in 1268, which makes it one of the oldest churches of Lower Silesia. Although it was rebuilt in 1562, it did not lose its Gothic character. The chancel is covered...

The church of St. John of Nepomuk in Zielenice

Zielenice

The first mention of the church of St. John of Nepomuk is from 1335. The current Gothic-Baroque building was built in the 15th century, and in approximately 1765 it was enlarged by the addition of...