Places

expand collapse Search criteria


The Blücher Mausoleum

Krobielowice

The mausoleum and tomb of Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht Blücher, the commander of the Prussian army in the battles of Waterloo, Leipzig, Bautzen and during the Six Days Campaign, were built in the...

The Będkowice Archaeological Reserve

Będkowice

The Będkowice Archaeological Reserve covers an area of a well-preserved Dark Age burgh site, which was inhabited by the tribe of Śleżanie. It was a center of Pagan worship of the forces of nature and...

The Bear of Ślęża – a sacred stone sculpture on the top of Ślęża

Sobótka

The Bear of Ślęża is a sacred stone sculpture found in 1854 at the Road of the Wild Pig, above the village of Strzegomia. In 1906 it was move to the summit of Mt. Ślęża and is now exhibited next to...

Stół ofiarny Słowian

Rynek, Sobótka

  The Monument to the Millennium of the Polish State is built of polished boulders, which are a stylization of the sacrificial table of the Slavs. The dates 966-1966 are visible on the...

Stone in Częstocice

Sadków

Penitential cross near St Barbara's church.

Statue of the Victims of the Franco-Prussian War Jordanów Śląski

Jordanów Śląski

The statue stands next to the church of. St. Bishop Stanislaus. It commemorates the victims of the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1871 and soldiers from the area who died in the First World War. It was...

Statue of St. John of Nepomuk Szczepanów

Szczepanów

A Baroque statue of St. John of Nepomuk stands next to the church of Our Lady of the Rosary. It is a beautiful, stone, polychrome sculpture, dating from the mid-18th century. The saint has an aureole...

Statue of St. John of Nepomuk Milin

ul. Chłopska, Milin

The Baroque statue stands near the church of St. Michael the Archangel and comes from ca. 1733. The triagonal pedestal bears two reliefs: the first showing the scene of John of Nepomuk being thrown...

Statue of St. John of Nepomuk Maniów Wielki

ul. Okulicka, Maniów Wielki

The figure is located near the church in Maniów Wielki and was placed here between 1750 and 1755. At the base of the figure a Latin inscription is preserved, saying PROTOTYPON / NENERARE VIRI / QVI...

Statue of St. John of Nepomuk

Kamionna

The late-Baroque statue of St. John of Nepomuk comes from around 1740-1750. It was made at the time when the owner of the property was Franz Alexander von Kalckreuth (the coat of arms of this family...