The history of this palace starts in the 16th century. It was built on the site of a former castle. Then, it was reconstructed in the Baroque style in the middle of the 18th century. Its present form is a result of a thorough expansion done in 1891. Thus, the palace acquired its eclectic style, combining elements from the French Neo-Renaissance and Neoclassica movements. The palace frequently changed its owners. The Rhode family owned it for the longest period, from 1870 until WWII. Today, it has a new owner and has been meticulously renovated. From the front, the palace is accessed via a 16th c. bridge over a dry moat, rebuilt in the 19th c. The moat used to surround the palace, though during the reconstruction in the 19th century it was filled in. Around the residence unfolds a well maintained 19th century park with majestic old trees.