The Waterloo Museum in Krobielowice

Krobielowice , Krobielowice 21
+48 71 3166114

open_time

Mon-Sun 10-17
The palace was built in the 16th century on the site of a 14th-c. defensive structure. In the years 1699-1704 it was reconstructed and given its present form. The Waterloo Museum, located in the palace, houses the exhibition of private collections of the current owner, Ch. E. Vaile. It presents the story of the Battle of Waterloo, in which participated Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, the Prussian field marshal. He was granted the Krobielowice palace from King Frederick Wilhelm III, in recognition of his services in the struggle for independence and the final defeat of Napoleon. The palace also operates as a hotel and restaurant. The green area surrounding it has been turned into a golf course. Visits are possible only for organized groups.

Nearby places

The Blücher Mausoleum

Krobielowice

Church of St. John of Nepomuk in Wojtkowice

Wojtkowice

Church of the Assumption in Zachowice

Zachowice

Nearby trips