Former Evangelical church



  • Address: Rynek 2, 55-080 Kąty Wrocławskie
The first Evangelical church in Kąty was built ca. 1600. Most of the townsmen were Evangelical, however, the city was under the Wrocław bishops, who decided to tear down the building. During the Reformation, the Church of Sts. Peter and Paul served as the Evangelical church, and after the building returned to Catholics, the Evangelicals would have probably met in the town hall. Not until 1833-1836 was a new church built, according to the designs of Carl Schinkel. The classical building in the shape of a rectangle and with a gable roof, was meant to call to mind Greek temples. Inside, there was an altar with the statues of Sts. Peter and Paul in the corners, and in the centre, the painting "The Entombment of Christ" by Dresden. After 1945, the church was transformed into a cinema which was later on moved to the Cultural centre. Ever since then, the church has remained empty. In the 1970s all of the sacred furnishings were removed from the building, which was then adapted to become a place of business.

Related routes

Cycling to Bystrzyca Valley