Kąty Wrocławskie , ul. ks. Jerzego Popiełuszki
The gallows located on the outskirts of town were built ca. 1578 at the request of Noe Pordens, the then Kąty mayor. It was built after a thunderbolt hit the oak on which criminals had been hanged. The structure was made of brick and stands on a granite foundation. It consists of three poles arranged in a circle. Wooden beams were put across these poles. Nobody has ever been executed here. The only time an execution was scheduled to take place it could not be carried out because the rope had not been delivered. The condemned man was sent to the city to fetch the rope himself, and naturally, he did not come back. At the beginning of the 19th century the site was renovated using building materials taken from the city walls. Nevertheless, no executions were performed here. In the 1950s the gallows were torn down and only the foundations have survived.
3:00 h 28.2 km
Cycling to Bystrzyca Valley
2:00 h 13.6 km
Bicycle morning in the vicinity of Katy Wroclawskie
3:00 h 27.1 km
Medieval Tract – Gromnik LAG