Kąty Wrocławskie , ul. Zwycięstwa 23
A fortified town guarding the Bystrzyca river crossing existed here as early as in 1293, even before Kąty gained the legal status of a town. During the fire of 1624, the castle burned down completely and was never been restored. More than two centuries later, a brewery was founded on the same site and with time grew to include a park and a restaurant. Eduard Rupperlt was the owner of the brewery until he sold it to Adolf Preuss. The Preuss family added some guest rooms, a summer garden, and a bowling alley. However, due to debt, the estate was taken over by the Miejska Kasa Oszczędnościowa (city savings bank) in 1938. Just after the war, this became a meeting place for the Germans who were relocated from this region. Nowadays, the Communal Cultural and Sports centre is located here. Only an oval outline of the brewery walls has remained from the medieval town.
3:00 h 27.1 km
Medieval Tract – Gromnik LAG
2:00 h 13.6 km
Bicycle morning in the vicinity of Katy Wroclawskie
3:00 h 28.2 km
Cycling to Bystrzyca Valley