Former cemetery for the poor

Monument

Information

  • Address: ul. 1 Maja, 55-080 Kąty Wrocławskie
On the site there used to be a cemetery for the poor, called Armen Kirchhof. It was located behind the city walls, on the side of Brama Świdnicka. Poor people who, due to their social status, were unable to be buried in the church courtyard, were buried right here. Records describe the place as being unfenced and neglected since the Seven Years' War (1756-1763). The cemetery was finally closed in 1843. Today, a cross signed "Armenkirchhof" reminds us of the former purpose of the place.

Related routes

13.6 km 2:00 h easy
Bicycle morning in the vicinity of Katy Wroclawskie
28.2 km 3:00 h easy
Cycling to Bystrzyca Valley