Palace ruins

The gloomy ruin was once a palace that was probable built by the end of the 15th century. It was occupied by the duke's tax inspector. In the mid-16th century, it was rebuilt as a Renaissance residence by Fryderyk II of Legnica. The architectural details that have survived from that period include the coat of arms of the Piast dynasty above the entry and a lintel with a Latin inscription below it, which dates from 1553 (as the carved date reads). Today, we may only imagine how luxurious and magnificent the palace had been. The residence was surrounded by a moat over which there ran a stone bridge that led to the palace. The entrance was decorated with a columned portal, gables with pinnacles, and a turret with a clock. Since 1945 the complex has been deteriorating.

Nearby places

Baroque palace

Jezierzyce Małe

Church in Karczyn


St. John the Baptist church in Księgnice Wielkie

Księginice Wielkie

Nearby trips