Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary in Sarby

Church

Information

  • Address: 57-130 Sarby
The present church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, originally Evangelical, was built in 1884 in neo-Gothic style on the site of a previous one. The church was mentioned as early as 1550. After WWII, the church was abandoned, and taken over by the Catholics. In the nave of the main altar, a copy of the painting of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa, brought here after 1945 from Netreba in former eastern Poland. On the church wall, there are tombstones and epitaphs. In the side wall, there is an entry to the crypt of the von Gaffron und Ober Stradam families who were the founders of the church.

Related routes

194 km
Churches and Chapels - LGD Gromnik
71.0 km
The route of castles and palaces Gromnik LAG - the South-Eastern loop