Church of st. Nicolaus in Pełcznica

Pełcznica
The Gothic church of St. Nicholas was built in the 15th century and expanded in 1750 in Baroque style. It is a single nave brick church with a tower covered by a mansard roof. A stone portal leads inside from the side of the the tower. Above the portal, note the Baroque statue of the Madonna and Child. The tombstones embedded in the walls come from the 19th c. The interior is decorated with mostly Baroque and Rococo furnishings. From the early history of the church, only the 15th-century statue of the Mater Dolorosa has survived. The polychrome altar dates from 1690. It includes statues of the Apostles Peter and Paul, a cartouche of the abbot Wincent Schutiz and a painted image of St. Nicholas.

Nearby places

Penitential cross

Pełcznica

Railway station

1 Maja 83
Kąty Wrocławskie

Penitential cross

Nowa Wieś Kącka

Nearby trips